Wine Soaked Chocolate Covered Cherries
1 cup Cherrycream Pinot Noir
½ cup sugar
5 1-inch strips of orange peel
24 cherries with stems, pitted
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Bring to a boil Cherrycream Pinot Noir, sugar, and peels in a small saucepan.
- Stir gently until the sugar dissolves then add cherries and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Remove cherries from the saucepan and drain thoroughly.
- Holding each cherry by its stem, dip into the melted bittersweet chocolate.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. Enjoy with a bottle of Cherrycream Pinot Noir and candlelight.
- Store the finished cherries, chilled for up to 5 days.