Cherry Chocolate Brownies
150g dark chocolate
50g cocoa powder
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coffee granules
3 Eggs, beaten
300g fresh cherries pitted and halved
50g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF, and spray an 8×8″ square baking tin or glass with cooking spray.
- Gently melt the butter, dark chocolate, and sugar together in a saucepan, stirring until well mixed, then remove from the heat.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and coffee granules to the mixture, and combine. Then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Add the cherries and chopped milk chocolate, and stir in.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and bake for 20–25 minutes until set but still with a bit of giving in the center.
- Remove from the oven let cool completely.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Optional tip from grandma: When you’re ready to serve, dollop some whipped cream on top of each brownie, and top with a cherry for a delightful presentation.